I Want One! Now What?Hairloom Treasures
Adding a Hairloom Treasure to your life is easy. Just follow these simple steps.
FIRST: Collect your tail hair. (Clink here to watch a “how to” video demonstration)
- Find the tailbone and grab a pinch of tail hair just where the bone ends, from the inside of the tail. Clip it as close to the dock bone as possible and then pull the pinch free from the rest of the tail.
- Bind with rubber band. Please don’t use tape or string. Please do not knot or braid. It does not need to be cleaned. I’ll do that part.
- For treasures made of lost partners, do not send the entire tail. Please separate from it a lock of hair that is about the width of an adult thumb.
- For keychains and zipper pulls: Make sure the better part of bundle is at least 10 inches long.
For bracelets: 12 or more inches in length.
For necklaces: 22 inches or more in length.
SECOND: Grab a piece of paper and write down the following information.
- YOUR MAILING ADDRESS
- A PHONE NUMBER OR EMAIL ADDRESS WHERE YOU CAN BE REACHED IN CASE I HAVE QUESTIONS.
- A LITTLE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR HORSE (OR HORSES): Still with you? Passed on? Name, please.
- WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO MAKE FOR YOU: Describe using the style names on the previous pages. When it applies, don’t forget to clarify gold or silver.
If ordering a Horsepower keychain, write the name of the horse clearly.
- SELECT YOUR SIZE: Measure your wrist at the largest part – around the bone – and write that down. If it is for a gift, use the following guidelines:
Child’s size = 6-ish inches
Average woman = 7-ish inches
Big boned woman = 8-ish inches
Average Man or if you want to wear it as an anklet = 9 inchesPlease note: Necklaces are usually finished at whatever length the hair allows. Request a length and I’ll do my very best to make it so.
- DO YOU WANT UNUSED HAIR BACK?
- TOTAL YOUR ORDER (Using the prices listed within the style descriptions). PLEASE ADD $6 FOR SHIPPING AND HANDLING (Same applies for shipping to Canada). Send this information and your lock of hair (labeled please if there are more than one) to:
c/o Hairloom Treasures
47 Grove Street Apt. 4
Kennebunk, Maine 04043Please include a check or money order made out to Giselle Rec OR click the button below to pay with a Visa/Mastercard using a secure Paypal account
Third: Rest Easy Knowing
- Your horse’s tail in very caring, considerate and reverent hands.
- Your horse hair will not be treated with chemicals or any sort of finish before, during or after it is braided. Horse hair is worked with in it’s natural state, and, except for the hardware, left that way.
- Your happiness and approval of your Hairloom Treasure is very important to me. For any reason, should you be concerned or unsatisfied with my work, please get in touch right away. I truly want you to be able to always…
Please expect a four to six week turn around to…
CARRY A PART OF THE ONE WHO CARRIES YOUR HEART.